Sunday, March 27, 2005

clarissa minus 2. it's the new math and i'm getting it

the weekend has been quiet, though i had to call the neighbour this morning at 6:30 to turn down the happenin' tunes. all i could hear (through my earplugs) was thump thump thump thump. i was half asleep and i couldn't tell if it was my heart beating through a megaphone or if there were giant bunnies getting busy.

i had my eyebrows waxed for the first time yesterday. i didn't think i had enough eyebrow to worry about, but i thought i'd give it a shot anyway. it was quick and painless. but man, i wonder what my face looked like when she ripped off the cloth.

walking around in london, i always get some drunk guy or some punk trying to be a smart ass to get some kind of reaction out of me:

do you think red heads are sexy? (and then wink or wave or grab his crotch)
hey nice skirt
my pleasure
hello (i mean, please!)
if i'm asked a question or if someone says hi, i always respond, because, for whatever reason, i worry they'll get angry. more often than not this is fine, and sometimes they're even surprised. but last summer i was walking through victoria park and this drunk guy was hanging out with his drunk friends and waved at me and said "have a good day." i said thanks and waved. and then he stopped me, told me his name was two, showed me his cell phone to prove his name was two feathers and then continued to inform me of the following:

he needed a date for some event. he didn't know where to find a woman because...
he was from "america"
he asked me: why i colour my hair, was i busy saturday night, did i believe that his name was two
when i told him i had to go because my boyfriend was sick (which was actually true at the time), he told me i didn't have a boyfriend. that he could tell by my eyes that i was single. then he asked for my name (i said clarissa - it's my standard. drunk men can't pronounce it, get frustrated and forget about it), my phone number (i said, oh no i don't think so) and told me i had a beautiful smile. i think at that point i just started to walk off.

anyway, loooooong story slightly shortened, guess who i bump into on dundas street while on my lunch break last week? two! still drunk,

2: how you doin?
me: fine thanks (smiled)
2: i love your smile
me: that's great (walked off)

i'm learning, but very slowly.

current music: the decemberists, picaresque. i've listened to it about 7 times in a row, and i can't get it out of my head. very good stuff. they make songs about lords and ladies and barons listenable again.

No comments: