Tuesday, January 25, 2005

1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA

yep, the formula that resulted in january 24th being crowned the worst day of the year. mathemagicians like to keep busy too. it's the new math! and i'm getting it!

i'm really proud of my dad! he won the stompin' tom connors award at the ecmas (east coast music awards). the award recognises people who have been playing music for a long time, but not always for money -- more for contributing to the music community. my dad has been playing music for over 40 years, he makes his own instruments, has a radio show, plays for benefits every time he's asked and has his own recording studio. Here's some info on the award from 2004, my dad will be up there soon. it's too bad he and my mum are going to florida for 2 months, and he won't even be around to accept the award. i wonder if i can bribe them to fly me down to accept on his behalf! just kidding, but i do like cape breton. i'll have to watch the award ceremony to see if they mention him.

ok, gush, gush. i'm a proud daughter.

i got a space heater for this back room, so i don't have to die a little everytime i'm on the computer. it's huge and conical, and i can't feel the heat unless i have it parked right next to me. crap. i'll have to return it. oh well, what can you do?

one of the older women at work (a total blue hair close to retirement) threw a hissy on me today. she sent a comment to me and the entire department that i didn't think was appropriate and i asked her if, in the future, she would send those comments to me rather than everyone. well, she printed that sucker off and took it right to the manager. this woman complains if you look at her sideways, so i'm not worried, it just makes me laugh that she's in her 60s and she acts like she's still in junior high. she's a nice enough lady, and she knows her job, just don't cross her.

current mood: calm
current music: the concretes

No comments: